I Am Able to Dance in Nine Varieties - Ali Shah

Tuesday, March 29, 2011 | 3:24:00 PM

‘It is my grandmother wish that I should become popular and help people. I am already attached to NGO and doing service’ – This is Ali Shah a dancer on silver screen at the age of 23 talking to a few media persons.

Ali Shah has been dancing since childhood and learnt nine varieties of dances – Belly, Ballet, Sasra, Bhangra, western and others and using it in her film career.

Her wish is also to act in films but right now she is content with dancing for item song with not much of skin show.

I know that I will be branded as an item dancer but I feel enough of new approach is possible even in dancing. It is not a mean task and not filler anymore.

Ali Shah was speaking after her maiden film media address at ‘Journey’ Kannada film. A Roman Catholic Ali Shah has roots in Karnataka although she lives in Mumbai seeking her strong career. Ali Shah is a bachelor degree holder in Human Resource Management from Sri Dharmasthala Manjutheswara University.

In Kannada she has appeared in Maayavi, Navilugari, Aravind, Light Camera Action and now her first film to release ‘Journey’. She has acted in English film ‘Deliver Me’. I am so far without any weird costumes in the dance numbers she signs off.

0 comments:

Post a Comment