A.R.Rahman to Los Angeles

Thursday, July 14, 2011 | 9:29:00 AM

When A R Rahman picked up two Academy Awards, two Grammys and a Golden Globe for the 2008 film ‘Slumdog Millionaire’, the Indian composer was relatively unknown to many Americans.

But he is a popular figure now and this was visible when he received huge acclaimation even as he headlined a concert at the Hollywood Bowl in Los Angeles on Sunday. Interestingly, the Mozart of Madras had lavish praises for the Amercian city.

'It was one of my favorite places to be in the US,' he said, adding: 'And I wanted to do something in LA for a long time, and after the Oscars it was the right time to get a house where I have a small studio. Sometimes I do my Indian work here, but I keep shuffling between LA and India.'


This event was a part of the KCRW's World Festival Series. Karsh Kale will be opening the night's musical score and Matt Dunkley will conduct the orchestra.


The most popular musician of India has teamed up with the Super Heavy troupe which has the likes of Mick Jagger, Dave Stewart, Damian ‘Junior Gong’ Marley and Joss Stone, with each one being a master of his own art.

0 comments:

Post a Comment